Wednesday, January 30, 2008

First blog entry







Hi!
Everyone keeps telling my mom that she has the coolest antique store ever and that she should start a blog....so I decided not to wait any longer! We live in an old Victorian house that is located on a farm that Betty Crocker used to own. On the property is an old rock and wood barn. The barn is full of wonderful antiques and my mom has "antique events". Everyone goes crazy when they come, there have been a couple of magazine articles about us, but I think that people are mostly just interested in me! I'm out in the barn at each event and I get tons of attention. My mom dresses me up according to what the theme of the event is and I get placed in a "vignette", [whatever that is]. Every month the barn is completely different and people wait in line to get in and see all the great stuff! My parents travel all over the U.S. to find the antiques and sometime they even go to Europe. Lots of people who have shops, come to our barn to shop because my mom doesn't "run a museum" so she sells things at great prices! If you ever want to come and see me you can e-mail me with your address. I'm sure you are anxious to meet me in person, looking forward to meeting you too!

4 comments:

Dapoppins said...

What a beautiful wonderland!

Cottage Dreaming said...

Matilda, I am so excited that you are going to share with us your travels. I look forward to seeing all the beautiful treasures your mom will find. These pictures are breath taking.

. said...

Oh I just love everything. Blessings Denise

Cabin 19 Supply Company said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL!!! Can I charter a jet to visit the barn and bring back goodies for my shop!! Is there a field I could land it in? Wow...LOVE those pictures!! Keep em coming! Tell Matilda Bear thinks she's a cutie!
(Our handsome, rescued black chow).